Saturday, October 16, 2010

minha vida e a musical

I have always wanted to live in a musical and moving to Namaacha with my Mozambican homestay family has made that dream a reality. In between (and sometimes during) daily tasks of cooking, cleaning, bathing, eating, taking tea, ginastica (aka: yoga and abdominals), and attempting to learn Portuguese I, along with my four homestay sisters dance to the beat of Beyonce, Rhinana and local Mozambican musicians. My homestay mother, being the primary school teacher that she is has tirelessly made sure that I learn all of the Portuguese songs for young children…uma banana, duas bananas, tres bananas…the Portuguese version of where is pinky along with head, shoulders, knees and toes! With the stress of learning a new language I have graciously welcomed these daily dance parties.

1 comment: