Sunday, January 2, 2011

Eu sou Dr. Do-Little

Okay so sorry I bet you didn’t imagine that I would continue to write about my pets (yes there is more than just Piri) but being that I am waiting on the school year to begin this is the most exciting thing I have to write about. Yea so the other volunteer I am living with got a cat last spring sometime and it disappeared about 2 months ago and decided to come back a week after I got Piri. Then this past weekend I brought home a kitten because the two volunteers who live in the town next to mine went back to the states for the holidays and needed someone to look after the kitten. So now how do they all get along…they don’t. The first cat thinks this house is his terrain and wants nothing to do with Piri or the gatinha named Kanimambo (Thank you in Xangana – the local language here). Piri is still just wanting to bite everything in sight including the gatinha – another small chick was murdered, but we are not positive it was Piri because she was not caught in the act, but I did wake up on New Years and had the skin of a goat in my front yard – she took it from the neighbor’s house who killed it the night before. She also ripped the mosquito net of my neighbor’s last night…ugh! Her biting has been a constant stress of mine – I actually dreamt about it last week. Luckily my neighbors are understanding and are really positive about her though…Seriously though the house has turned into a petting zoo with crying, purring, barking and growling ALL day long…!

No comments:

Post a Comment